Set in a lovely forest in the Champagne region (North eastern France), La Brie is a typical French lake dug out by the monks in the Middle Ages. La Brie is a wonderful lake you can book exclusively for small parties to enjoy your carp fishing holidays in France with your friends as the owner has made 2 comfortable swims on this 15 acres (6 hectares) lake.
La Brie is a typical French lake which is 15 ares (6hectares) in size. With just 2 large swims on the lake, La Brie is a great option if you're looking for an exclusive lake hire for small parties. The deeper areas are around the dam (max. 1,5m), there are hardly any snags and the silty bottom is fairly flat. There are several lily pads around the lake, especially in the corner areas. All swims have car access. Boats and Bait boats are allowed. Pets are also allowed.
After draining the lake, the owner restocked the lake with 150 selected commons and mirrors with weights ranging between 10 and 22kg. There are no Crayfish and no Poisson Chat.
At the moment the owner is installing a toilet, washbasin and a shower in the farm close to the lake, you can see it on the Google maps (right). It will provide sockets to charge batteries and mobile phones. In the nearby village of Montier en Der (8km from the lake) there are plenty of shops and supermarkets. In Montier, there is also a nice Bed & Breakfast for those who prefer sleeping in a bed instead of by the lake.
Exclusive lake hire: €1300 EUR for max 4 anglers and 4 non-fishing guests. There is a boat on site which can be used free of charge by the anglers.
- Unhooking mats must be dry before using them on the lake
- Band rigs, 360 rig and Ronnie rigs (spinner rig)
- Main line 15lbs min 20lbs max
- No fixed leads
- No leadcore
- No naked rigs
- No shock leaders
- No shelf life Boillies. Freezer baits only
- All Pellets must be purchased onsite
- 250g of tiger nuts per angler per week
- No caravans on the swims
- Speed limit on track 5mph
- No carp sacks ( retaining slings can be used only for max of 10 minutes)
- 3 rod limit per angler
- Salt is banned
- Manufactured Barbless hooks only.
- All particles must be soaked and cooked until core is soft
- The swims and lake must be kept clean
- No dumping bait in lake or woods before you leave
- Dogs are allowed but must be kept under control at all time and all dog mess is to be cleaned up.
- Use on site boat at your own risk
- All anglers must pay a €50 deposit. This will be refunded on departure providing you have not damaged anything or broken any rules.
- Respect lake and fish
- No standing up with carp for pictures they must be held over unhooking mate or in the water. This could result in a ban from all lakes.
- Any type of aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated
- No mutilation of fish
- No braided main lines
- All anglers must have medicare to treat hook marks.